In 1960 London Emil Shallit and Siggy Jackson launched The Blue Beat Label and in the process created one of the most iconic, legendary, best loved and acclaimed independent record labels of all time.
The legendary Blue Beat Label celebrates its 60-year anniversary with a very special single which goes on release today.
The double A-side single features the 60-year celebration track Blue Beat Is Back in Town by Marcus Upbeat and Boogie Rock by Laurel Aitken, the first A-side ever released on The Blue Beat Label.
To celebrate 60 years of the label a new compilation album THE BLUE BEAT LABEL SIXTY YEAR CELEBRATION ALBUM ‘Blue Beat Is Back In Town’ will be released on Saturday 24th October as part of Record Store Day 2020 – Drop Day 3.
Appropriately the album release will feature tracks from and related to The Blue Beat Label’s culture-shaping history.
A very special version of THE BLUE BEAT LABEL SIXTY YEAR CELEBRATION ALBUM ‘Blue Beat Is Back In Town’ will go on sale exclusively in independent record stores in the UK and Ireland. The limited edition 12″ vinyl album, mastered at Abbey Road Studios, is presented in very special limited edition blue vinyl and limited edition gatefold sleeve.
- Blue Beat Is Back In Town – Marcus Upbeat
- Boogie Rock – Laurel Aitken
- Oh Carolina – The Folkes Brothers With The Count Ossie Afro-Combo
- One Step Beyond – Madness
- Miss Lulu – Derrick Morgan
- Call Me My Pet – Owen Gray
- Oh Babe (Sick & Tired) with (The Carib Beats) – Ewan & Jerry
- Rough and Smooth (aka Rough and Tough) – Stranger Cole
- Get Along With You Now – Bad Manners Featuring Verona
- Rough Rider – The Beat
- We’ll Have A Ball – The Marvels Featuring Donna Hinds
- She’s So Sweet – Marcus & The Microdots
- Laurel’s Boogie (London Single Version) – No.1 Station
- Help Me Make It Through The Night – John Holt
- Enjoy Yourself (It’s Later Than You Think) – Jools Holland & Prince Buster
The official launch of The Blue Beat Label 60 Year Celebration Album will take place on Wednesday 14th October.