Sir Elton John has been forced to cancel all performances after contracting a “rare and potentially deadly” bacterial infection while on tour in South America last week.
The singer returned to the UK for urgent treatment where he was hospitalised and spent two nights in intensive care. According to the statement from Rogers and Cowan, John contracted a rare bacterial infection, and became “violently ill” on his flight home from Chile.
A statement by his management said the infection was “rare and potentially deadly”
[contentblock id=141 img=adsense.png]
All of his nine U.S performances scheduled through the month have been cancelled, including the upcoming April/May run of “The Million Dollar Piano” at the Colosseum at Caesars Palace and his performance for Bakersfield, California, on May 6.
He was released from the hospital on Saturday and is “comfortably resting at home per doctor’s advice” expected to make a full recovery, and is set to resume performing in Twickenham, England, on June 3rd.
“I am so fortunate to have the most incredible and loyal fans and apologise for disappointing them. I am extremely grateful to the medical team for their excellence in looking after me so well,” John said in a statement.
His Million Dollar Piano tour is due to end its run in May 2018.